Once care systems have successfully hurdled the initial EMR implementation, providers begin to objectively assess their EMR systems and identify problem areas that cause daily headaches. HealthBPM can work with your care delivery teams and IT to identify opportunities for improvement. We will then develop a plan to address challenges and create additional value for your patients and providers.
Are your physicians feeling EMR fatigue? Do your patients complain about your EMR system?
We commonly see several reasons why EMR systems get a bad rap and cause frustrations for users.
- EMR implementation was too fast without depth of workflow process requirements
- Inefficiencies between the care delivery process on the floor and the EMR system design
- Highly-skilled physicians and clinicians are required to spend significant time performing administrative tasks
- EMR system built for IT professional and not the care delivery professional
- Physicians working longer, harder hours to ensure document accuracy within the EMR system
- Patients expect ease of use that coincides with the rest of their easy to use applications
Ensure Epic EMR optimization project success
HealthBPM has the experience and expertise to help you succeed with your Epic EMR optimization project.
- Within large care systems, success requires system-wide communication and governance.
- IT project management will benefit from including clinical and operational expertise in the optimization process.
- EMR optimization projects take a lot of time, effort, and planning to execute properly.
- Teams should take the time to see where users are struggling with the technology, look for inefficiencies, and assess small usability changes that could improve workflow.
Our approach at HealthBPM is to look at both the behavioral and technical aspects of an opportunity for improvement. Not only do we examine the processes, systems and data; we also evaluate the organization’s communications, governance, and team effectiveness.
HealthBPM will perform a quick (2-4 week) evaluation on a specific Epic module and/or process and provide a gap analysis detailing opportunities for improvement.
The HealthBPM team will provide a comprehensive evaluation of specified care delivery processes and how they align with the usage of the Epic system by your care delivery team and patients. The healthcheck includes a business process assessment, system usage evaluation, and a detailed gap analysis.
Following an Epic optimization healthcheck, we will produce an executive level report that indicates the areas at risk, recommendations for change, and an actionable roadmap for measurable process improvement for physician and patient satisfaction.
Partner with HealthBPM to optimize your Epic EMR systems today.
HealthBPM will evaluate each of your business ecosystems in a holistic manner, through the lenses of behavior and technology and provide you with actionable insights, not just interesting information.
Contact us today to align your organization’s strategy and operations with your vision; let’s work together to develop a plan that meets your unique needs.
Whether your organization is just establishing an EHR Optimization plan, or you are looking to improve your current processes, the HealthBPM approach includes an overall EHR Optimization assessment.
Increase Patient Satisfaction by integrating and optimizing your bed planning, transport, and environmental services by effectively using Epic’s Grand Central.